LIVE updates from our man at Aggborough, Jonny Bonell, where Worcester City continue their Vanarama Conference North season against Harrogate Town.
The live update has now finished.
City claim yet another home win thanks to a sterling second-half performance. Nick Wright and Jordan Murphy bagged the goals to seal the three points today. Wayne Thomas found himself between the sticks for 89 minutes after Jose Veiga had to be replaced within the first 60 seconds and Nathan Vaughan wasn’t on the bench. Thomas made one save throughout the game as City eased to the success. Thanks for following.
FULL-TIME: Worcester City 2-0 Harrogate Town
90min: Yellow card: Speight with another late challenge on Hutchison.
89min: City comfortably seeing out the game and looking to add a third on the break.
83min: ‘England’s number 1’ now rings out as Thomas comes and claims another catch.
80min: Ten minutes to go and the ‘olay’s’ are ringing out around Aggborough.
74min: Hutchison has just put the ball over from about six-yards out. Nti’s shot fell at the defenders feet but somehow it remains 2-0. Sean Geddes is brought on for Nick Wright.
70min: Thomas using every available second to keep hold of the ball. Much to the annoyance of the visiting strike force.
69min: SUB: Double change for Harrogate, Heath replaced by Howakowski, Lenighan also coming off for Hassan.
68min: In stark contrast to the first period, Thomas comes and misses his first catch of the day but Rowe is able to hack the ball off the line. Rowe is then caught extremely late by a nasty looking challenge from Walshaw. Walshaw booked but lucky to still be on the pitch.
More on goal: Murphy does all the hard work himself down the right, skips inside his man far too easily and fires home from an acute angle to double the hosts lead.
66min: GOAL: Worcester City 2-0 Harrogate Town – Jordan Murphy
58min: City close to doubling their lead less than 60 seconds after opening the scoring. More great work by Williams found Nti on the edge of the box, he teed up Gater but his sliced effort hit the side-netting.
More on goal: Williams did brilliantly well down the right hand side and fed an inch perfect ball to Nick Wright who powered his effort across the keeper and into the bottom corner.
57min: GOAL: Worcester City 1-0 Harrogate Town – Nick Wright
52min: Slow start to the second half, a couple of corners from the visitors and Speight completely missed his shot from the edge of the box.
SUB: Ryan Kendall comes on for Emmett for the visitors.
– Teams back out and we are underway in the second half.
– Very little in terms of chances to speak about here, the main talking point of the game was an injury picked up by Jose Veiga less than 60 seconds into the game. With no keeper on the bench Wayne Thomas was called upon earlier than expected and brought off the bench to replace him. The match has been devoid of any real quality as Thomas tipped a Walshaw drive behind and Nick Wright ballooned over for the hosts.
HALF-TIME: Worcester City 0-0 Harrogate Town
45min: Yellow card: Matt Heath picks up the visitors second booking of the game for an awful challenge on Weir as he burst through the Harrogate half.
43min: Worcester really ending the half on the front foot. Wright plays in McDermott but his cross-come-shot fizzes across the face and behind for a goal kick.
36min: Lenighan saves his side from what could have been the opener. Murphy – making his first start for the club – led a City breakaway, burst in from the left and just as he was about to pull the trigger the Harrogate man got his foot there in the nick of time.
35min: City really should have taken the lead here. Wright cut in from the left hand side, played the ball to McDermott whose shot was blocked well by Killock but the rebound fell back to Wright who ballooned over.
30min: The visitors have appeals for a penalty waved away after a tangle on the far side between Weir and Emmett. Thomas then tips a Walshaw drive behind and punches the following corner clear to huge cheers from the Aggborough crowd.
28min: Featherstone breaks into the City box and his cross is cleared behind by Hutchison. Resulting corner missed by Thomas but referee blows for a fowl.
24min: Several over-hit crosses and misplaced passes so far today. My low-score prediction beforehand seems to bang on so far..
17min: Yellow card: Featherstone gets the first booking of the afternoon for a rash challenge on Deeney.
13min: Thomas nearly turns provider as his long clearance is brought down well by Wright who turns and fires narrowly over from 25-yards.
9min: The hosts putting some dangerous balls into the Harrogate back-line. Corner on the far side is headed well over the bar by Hutchison.
7min: SUB: Jose Veiga replaced by Wayne Thomas for City.
6min: Veiga has taken his gloves off and headed straight down the tunnel. Wayne Thomas has stepped up off the bench and appears to be getting ready. At the moment all players passing the ball between them. Not an ideal start to the game for City that’s for sure.
1min: Veiga has gone down with an injury and the referee seemed to signal his game is over. City don’t have a keeper on the bench. Early drama here at Aggborough.
– Just found out it was Carl Heeley’s birthday yesterday. He will be hoping for three points to celebrate that.
The teams are out here and we’re about ready for kick-off.
– City have scored just 12 goals in 13 league games, with Harrogate only managing 10 in 12. The pair also rank 7th and 11th respectively in the meanest defences in the league.
– Carl Heeley makes four changes from Tuesday’s cup victory over Leamington, with Veiga, Hutchison, Murphy and McDermott coming in for Nathan Vaghan, Thomas, Geddes and Nti respectively. The City boss may have one eye on Saturday’s crucial FA Cup game with his selection today.
– Here and today’s starting line-ups:
Worcester City: Jose Veiga, George Williams, Graham Hutchison, Jacob Rowe, Tyler Weir; Danny Jackman, Ellis Deeney (C), Connor Gater, David McDermott, Jordan Murphy; Nick Wright SUBS: Sean Geddes, Daniel Nti, Michael Taylor, Wayne Thomas, Connor Gudger.
Harrogate Town: Phil Barnes; Matt Bloomer, Rhys Meynell, Nicky Featherstone, Shane Killock (C); Matt Heath, Lloyd Kerry, Simon Lenighan, Jack Emmett; Jake Speight, James Walshaw SUBS: Craig Nealthorpe, Adam Howakowski, Ryan Kendall, Callum Hassan, Peter Crook.
Referee: Michael D’Aguilar
– After their cup exploits on Tuesday, Worcester City are back to the bread and butter of the Conference North today, and will look to climb the table after a week without league action.
– Welcome to Aggborough, the temporary home of the Blue and Whites, where Carl Heeley’s men will be looking to keep their unbeaten home record intact as they come up against lowly Harrogate Town. To see our preview ahead of this afternoon’s game click here.