LIVE updates from our man at Aggborough, Jonny Bonell, where Worcester City aim to reach the first round proper of the FA Cup with a win against Greenwich Borough.
The live update has now finished.
Unbelievable game here at Aggborough. City dominated from start to finish but found themselves just seven minutes from a replay on Tuesday night. Daniel Nti rescued the Blue and Whites with a goal on 83 mins after Billy Bennett had cancelled out Ellis Deeney’s opener. Nasty crowd problems after Greenwich’s equaliser the only sour-point in an otherwise memorable day in the history of Worcester City as they progress to the first round of the FA Cup for the first time since 2005. Thanks for following today.
FULL-TIME: Worcester City 2-1 Greenwich Borough
90min: Nick Wright played in by Nti but the striker’s stinging half-volley was superbly tipped behind by Hollaway, City keep the corner in the corner.
90min: Jackman drives straight at the Greenwich back-line but drills his shot straight at the keeper.
– 3 minutes added on.
88min: Hearts in mouths for City as a free-kick is whipped in and Alexander gets their first and his header flashes just past the post.
87min: City fans in fine voice now, Deeney just drilled a free-kick which Hollaway saved well but Worcester will look to consolidate and see this out. Nti just picks up a cheap yellow card for kicking the ball away.
More on goal: Jackman’s corner isn’t dealt with by the visiting back-line and Nti slams home from about six-yards to send Aggborough into raptures.
83min: GOAL: Worcester City 2-1 Greenwich – Nti
76min: SUB: Jack Mahon comes on for Lewis wood for the visitors. Tristian Dunkley replaces Sean Geddes for City.
75min: Nick Wright does well down the right and picks out Nti with a great ball but the strikers glancing header drifts just wide.
73min: Tyler Weir inches away from putting the hosts back in front. He cut in from the left hand side and unleashed a fearsome drive which fizzed just past the bar.
69min: City trying to get a foothold back into the game. They looked stunned after that equaliser and Williams drives in from the right but his scuffed effort is held at his near post by Hollaway.
64min: SUB: Daniel Nti comes on for Jorda Murphy for City.
– Really ugly scenes in the terrace behind the goal following the equaliser. No segregation between fans and a large looking fight proceeded to take place. Stewards poured into the stand and removing numerous people. Really heated game now.
More on goal: A long free-kick was dropped by Vaughan and substitute Billy Bennett was on hand to poke home. City appealing for a foul on Vaughan.
58min: GOAL: Worcester City 1-1 Greenwich Borough – Billy Bennett
51min: A similar pattern emerging in the opening stages of the second period as to the first 45. great passing by Worcester but the final ball seems to be letting them down.
48min: SUB: Billy Bennett comes on for Paul Vines in the first change of the day for the visitors.
– Back underway here.
– Ellis Deeney’s deflected strike after 20 minutes give City the edge at the break. It is as comfortable as a 1-0 can be, with Worcester sometimes trying to be a little too intricate around the Greenwich box. The visitors haven’t tested Nathan Vaughan once and you feel if a chance comes their way they will have to take it.
HALF-TIME: Worcester City 1-0 Greenwich Borough
42min: Saunders a lucky boy as his momentum takes him into Deeney to concede the free-kick. Already on a booking and I have seen yellow cards given for less.
41min: You can really see the gap between these two sides, you do feel if Greenwich et even a sniff of the City goal they need to take the opportunity.
38min: Greenwich starting the grow into the game. They are now stringing a few passes together in the City half but no clear cut chances for them as of yet.
32min: Carl Heeley’s men almost in cruise control, passing the ball around the Greenwich midfield almost too easily.
24min: This time it is Jackman who cuts the Greenwich back-line open, his inch perfect ball finds Wright but the striker flashes his effort over.
22min: Greenwich simply can’t handle Murphy down this right hand side, the winger draws another rash challenge this time from Paul Vines. Free-kick comes to nothing.
More on goal: Murphy and Geddes at the heart of everything good City are doing and they combine to find Deeney on the edge of the box, City’s skipper tries his luck and his effort takes a slight deflection and loops over Hollaway.
19min: GOAL: Worcester City 1-0 Greenwich Borough – Deeney
16min: Yellow card: Saunders now picks up a booking for going in late on Deeney. The Blue and Whites in complete control of this game and passing the ball round with ease.
13min: Yellow card: Joe Vines is the first player in the book. The visiting defender has been warned a couple of times for dissent and now gets his name taken for a high challenge on Deeney.
6min: It’s all Worcester here. Geddes is next to try his luck from about 25 yards. His strike flies narrowly over the bar this time.
4min: From a Greenwich corner Murphy springs the counter and skips past three players , charges into the visitors half and fed Wright, the striker failed to spot Gater in acres of space on the far side and opted to shoot himself. His drilled effort fizzed just past the far post.
2min: First effort on target goes to the hosts as Williams launches in a trademark long-throw but Thomas’ flicked header was comfortably gathered by Hollaway.
The teams are out and we’re about ready for kick-off.
– Aggborough filling up quite nicely here, 15 minutes to go before we get underway.
– Carl Heeley makes three changes from the side that beat Harrogate on Saturday. Vaughan is back in between the sticks for the injured Jose Veiga, Wayne Thomas returns to the heart of the defence in place of Graham Hutchison and Sean Geddes returns for David McDermott. Joint top-scorer Daniel Nti is on the bench.
– For the visitors, Lewis Wood – who bagged all five goals in a 5-2 cup victory earlier this season – starts in the midfield alongside former West Ham United and Leyton Orient striker Gary Alexander and ex Crystal Palace and Coventry defender Gary Borrowdale.
– Here are today’s starting line-ups:
Worcester City: Nathan Vaughan; George Williams, Wayne Thomas, Jacob Rowe, Tyler Weir; Danny Jackman, Ellis Deeney (C), Connor Gater; Jordan Murphy, Sean Geddes; Nick Wright SUBS: Daniel Nti, Graham Hutchison, Shabir Khan, David McDermott, Tristian Dunkley, Michael Taylor, Chris Gemmell
Greenwich Borough: Craig Holloway; Aaron Day (C), Danny Young, Chris Saunders, Joe Vines; Gary Borrowdale, Lewis Wood, Gary Alexander, Chris Edwards; Paul Vines, Danny Phillips SUBS: Billy Bennett, Frankie Beale, Reiss Powell, Jack Mahon, Jack Clark, Jamie Wood, Ricky Bennett
Referee: Derek Eaton
– Not since Andy Preece took Worcester to the FA Cup second round in December 2005 have they made it to the first round proper. To read my feelings before the game today click here.
– Welcome to Aggborough, the temporary home of the Blue and Whites, where Carl Heeley’s men will be looking to secure their passage to the FA Cup first round with a victory over Greenwich Borough. To see our preview ahead of today’s game click here.