LIVE updates from our man at Aggborough, Jonny Bonell, where Worcester City continue their Vanarama Conference North season against newly-promoted Chorley.
The live update has now finished.
– Extremely good performance this afternoon from Heeley’s men. Ellis Deeney’s spectacular opener gave them a deserved half-time lead before substitute Tristian Dunkley wrapped up all three points with just a few minutes remaining against the league-leaders. Thanks for following today.
FULL-TIME: Worcester City 2-0 Chorley
89min: Yellow card – Thomas goes into the ref’s book now for Worcester.
More on goal: Quick break from the Blue and Whites as Geddes plays the ball to Nick Wright, he burst into the box and squared for substitute Dunkley who had the simplest of tap-ins. Sean Geddes now receives a standing ovation as he is brought off for Jacob Rowe.
87min: GOAL: Worcester City 2-0 Chorley – Tristian Dunkley
85min: Yellow card: Deeney goes into the book for a kick out. Needs to be careful now.
79min: Substitute: Daniel Nti brought off for Trsitian Dunkley.
79min: Yellow card: Sean Geddes goes into the book for City.
78min: Symons tricks his way past two Chorley defenders and pokes an effort which is well kept out by Ashton who claims at the second attempt.
71min: Substitutes: Chorley make their second of the game as Jack Lynch comes on for Esdaill-Biney. Nick Wright also comes on for Danny Jackman for Worcester.
71min: Just less than 20 to go here. City still leading and look comfortable, but a one goal lead is always a slender margin.
66min: Substitute: James Dean off for Paul Jarvis for Chorley.
63min: ‘Top of the league, you’re having a laugh’ rings out from the City supporters.
58min: Nti now goes even closer as he bends an effort from the edge of the box but Ashton gets across to tip it round the post. Game really stretched now.
57min: Chances galore at either end now as Thomas volleys wide for Worcester, Stephenson flicks a header past the post for Chorley and Connor Gater then fired wide for the hosts.
54min: Yellow card: Dale Whitham is the first player in the book for a series of fouls. The latest after bringing down Weir.
51min: Top draw stuff this from the hosts as great inter-play between Jackman and Deeney led to Geddes being presented with a chance just inside the box but he fired just over.
49min: Chorley have their first real opportunity of the game but Josh Hine slashed his half-volley well wide of the near post.
46min: Audacious effort from Gater who attempts a lob from 20-yards out which beats the keeper but bounces just over the bar. City starting where they left off.
– Back underway at Aggborough.
– Really strong first 45 from Worcester. Who lead through a spectacular strike from Ellis Deeney after half an hour. Nti have been a real thorn in Chorley’s back line and perhaps should have extended the hosts lead. The league leaders are in real trouble here.
HALF-TIME: Worcester City 1-0 Chorley
45min: Another City chance as Geddes whips a free-kick from all of 30 yards which is tipped just over.
44min: And as I say that Nti again goes close but fizzes an effort across the face of the goal.
43min: Some really good football being played here against the league leaders. Chorley have been completely outplayed so far.
38min: City look full of confidence – in particular Nti – who feels he should have had a penalty when he skipped past Adam Mather and appeared to be brought down by the defender.
More on goal: What a strike this is from City’s captain. Nti did all the hard work down the right, pulled it back for Deeney about 25 yards from goal who curled an absolute peach with his left foot into the far corner.
30min: GOAL: Worcester City 1-0 Chorley – Ellis Deeney
25min: Nathan Vaughan’s long free-kick goes all the way into the Chorley box where Symons heads for the corner but Sam Ashton is equal to it.
20min: Hosts go close again, Jackman whipped a ball in from the left which Deeney ran on to but City’s captain hit his first time effort well over.
19min: City inches away from opening the scoring as Symons flicked on a long ball out from the back to Geddes, he in-turn poked it through to Nti who got a toe on it but it drifted just wide.
12min: Chorley starting to grow into the game after a fairly quiet ten minutes. Darren Stephenson on the left-wing looks the danger man.
7min: Jackman whipped the corner in but Hutchison looped his header just over the bar.
6min: A pocket of Chorley fans away to my left start to make a little bit of noise for their team, who have barely touched the ball in the opening five minutes. Corner for them to defend now.
2min: Jackman plays a one-two with Geddes but the former’s delivery goes straight through the Chorley back-line and out for a goal kick.
The teams are out here and we’re about ready for kick-off.
– Carl Heeley names an unchanged starting XI to the one that beat Lowestoft on Tuesday, meaning debut scorer Sean Geddes keeps his place in the centre of the pitch. Graham Hutchison has shaken off a hip injury he picked up in the game to start alongside Wayne Thomas at the back. Former Blackburn Rovers hitman Matt Jansen – now assistant manager at Chorley – is on the bench for the visitors.
– Here are today’s starting line-ups:
Worcester City: Nathan Vaughan; George Williams, Tyler Weir, Graham Hutchison, Wayne Thomas; Danny Jackman, Daniel Nti, Ellis Deeney (C), Sean Geddes, Connor Gater; Mike Symons SUBS: Jacob Rowe, Nick Wright, Daniel Udoh, Tristian Dunkley, Jose Veiga
Chorley: Sam Ashton; Mark Ross, Adam Mather, Laquan Esdaill-Biney, Tom Smith; Adam Roscoe, Josh Hine, Dale Whitham (C), Darren Stephenson; James Dean, Jack Dorner SUBS: Paul Jarvis, Jack Lynch, Chris Almond, Matt Jansen, Aaron Grundy
Referee: Ollie Yates
– Welcome to Aggborough, the temporary home of the Blue and Whites, where Carl Heeley’s men will be looking to secure their third home win on the bounce against league-leaders Chorley. To see our preview ahead of this afternoon’s game click here.