THIEVES stole family gold from a home on London Road during a robbery on Saturday (December 1).
At around 6.30pm, five males broke into a house on London Road.
It’s reported they threatened the occupant, a man in his forties, with an item believed to be a screwdriver before proceeding to search the house.
Family gold jewellery was stolen along with an amount of cash.
The victim was not injured.
The offenders are described as five white males, all wearing black, who were wearing gloves and balaclavas.
Investigating officer, Det Sgt Samantha Bache, said: “This was a frightening experience for the victim and a number of enquiries are now ongoing to trace those responsible.
“If anyone witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area yesterday evening or is aware of jewellery being offered for sale in unusual circumstances, please get in touch.
“In the meantime our officers will continue to work in local communities where family gold is targetted and offer crime prevention advice to those who might fall victim to this type of crime.”
Anyone with information is asked to call West Mercia Police on 101 quoting incident number 665s of 1 December 2018 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via the website.
West Mercia Police offers the following security advice:
* Keep the jewellery in a safe place and locked up if possible. Consider installing a safe at home which is securely fixed to the floor or wall. See www.securedbydesign.com for police approved safes.
* Ensure that the jewellery is insured.
* Consider storing high value items elsewhere such as in a bank deposit box; contact your bank for details.
* Make a list of all jewellery stored in your house with a description of each item.
* Photograph all pieces of jewellery against a plain background with the ruler next to them to give an idea of size.
* Consider registering your jewellery with a registration company.
* Make sure your home is kept secure at all times: keep windows and doors locked, switch lights on when going out to make your home looks occupied, use burglary alarms and install security lights on the outside of your property.