17th Jan, 2019

Worcester firefighters rush to teenage boy electrocuted by charging lead yesterday (Monday)

Lorna Morris 12th Dec, 2017

WORCESTER firefighters rushed to the aid of a teenage boy who had been electrocuted by a charging lead yesterday (Monday).

At about 7pm on December 11, a fire crew from Worcester Fire Station administered oxygen at the scene until ambulance crews arrived.

Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) has since issued safety advice to minimise electrical fires.

Area Commander Jon Pryce said: “Following the incident, we would like to urge people to use appropriate high quality chargers, ensure that that charging cables are not damaged, plug sockets are not overloaded, and to avoid counterfeit or low quality products.

“It is also a timely reminder to think about electrical fire safety in general, following a few simple tips can help prevent a potential fire or accident in your home.”

Visit www.hwfire.org.uk or by following @HWFire on Twitter for further information on fire safety.

Reader Offers

Check out all of the latest reader offers to get your hands on some free gifts.

Subscribe

Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Worcester Observer.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.