DRIVERS across Worcestershire waiting for the DVLA to process documents have been given an update on the waiting times as it battles a high volume of enquiries.
As wait times could take a long time, you may still be able to drive while your application is being processed.
If you applied for your new licence online then your application will already be in the application process since there are no delays with online transactions. The DVLA has again repeated its calls for drivers to make applications online to reduce the pressure on its staff and delays for drivers.
Updated processing dates for paper applications
The following dates apply to what the DVLA claims it is currently working on for different types of paper applications:
- Renew a driving licence with a new photo – March 7
- Apply for a first provisional driving licence with UK identity – March 8
- Renew a driving licence if you’re 70 or over or after disqualification or revocation – March 5
- Apply for a first vocational driving licence – April 7
- Renew a vocational driving licence – April 7
- Apply for a driving licence with non-UK identity – March 7
- Apply for or renew a tachograph card – April 7
- Apply to change your name or address on your driving licence – March 10
- Tell DVLA about the sale of a vehicle – April 5
- Vehicle registration certificate (V5C) changes – April 5
- Apply for a replacement V5C log book – March 25
- Register a vehicle for the first time (including previously used and imports) – March 25
- Retain or assign a vehicle registration number – April 4