As if there weren’t enough reasons to have a soft spot for Worcester and keep it close to your heart, the city is now amping up efforts to develop a less explored part to date: that of unique entertainment and exploration. Worcester’s stunning and history-rich city already accommodates a renowned cathedral, house museums, and parks, among other architectural and natural treasures, all residing near the mirror-like waters of the River Severn, nuzzling the spots.
Now, unmatched and uniquely themed events surrounding futuristic themes are bound to take place, such as art events and festivals. Spaces where those looking for new experiences can find their needs met will be open to the public.
Everything so that more tourists will find Worcester worth their pay, locals will rediscover the potential of their city, and new or foreign capital will be poured into the areas is on the list this year, so let’s delve deeper into the city’s current and future plans to realize!
VR, Escape rooms, play parks, and more
As the trend of the moment, VR endeavours have surged in popularity in recent years, attracting colossal investments and innovative spirits. The current efforts to shape a futuristic Worcester where the all-encompassing VR sphere is at home are seen in the new developments visitors can explore.
Enthusiasts seeking unparalleled experiences have the opportunity to delve into captivating, reality-like spaces and encounter top-notch, mind-blowing digital experiences reminiscent of those often met at closely-located VR Birmingham. What enrichened and inspired others in the iconic group-oriented spot are the opportunities to join group-targeted quests with dear ones, try sensational VR games, explore bone-chilling, unearthed territories, and even solve puzzles in hair-raising escape rooms that tackle all the senses. It was only a matter of time until other UK cities would make forays into this promising area, which doesn’t only suit families and groups of friends but is also booming among corporations and businesses oriented towards delivering one-of-a-kind team-building activities.
You don’t always stumble upon such a spot, so why not try similar experiences in Worcester? You don’t have one or two exceptional locations to feed your curiosities and adventurous spirit, but over ten, with some of them being as follows:
- CyberQ Escape Rooms, where you’re presented next-gen escape rooms from an enterprise with experience in the domain, as well as online ratings, so you get a glimpse of the offerings. Some of the rooms you can expect include Crazy Scientist, Clue Hq Malvern, Escape Challenge Redditch, and Commandery Quest, among others hosting interactive activities.
- Suitable for all ages, Mr Mulligans Worcester offers two 12-hole and miniature golf courses, a Ping Pong area, an electro-darts room, shuffleboard, a restaurant and a bar, among other facilities, so you can rest ahead you won’t get bored spending a whole day here. To avoid mishaps, you’re recommended to pre-book your eyed perks so that your group can enjoy all the activities longed for.
- Last, you have the Cheeky Monkeys Worcester indoor play park, packed with thrilling activity nooks and areas to enable children of all ages to explore. At the same time, parents relax over a drink and meal, watching how their sweet bundles have the time of their lives. The establishment is endorsed with a soft play centre with a slide and bouncy castle, rope bridge, ball pool, and more.
The famous art festival – Light Night Worcester
Two February nights in the UK will be warmer and more pleasant than the rest of the bone-chilling cold month, especially for lovers of the art of all sorts and kinds, namely 14 Wednesday and 15 Thursday. Having already set a precedent, the event Light Night Worcester is making a comeback in the coming days as a result of the fantastic impact previously had in and beyond the city, seeing all sorts of art buffs gathering to behold the immense light-based artworks, electrifying artistic commissions, colourful interactive installations, and walkabout artists’ performances, as well as partaking at the illumination of the city that foreshadows the lighter Spring days.
Visitors can join and see immersive and playful walkabout shows and music performances, all placing creativity and self-expression in the limelight – much like other projects created by Severn Arts. The experiences and activities scheduled aren’t few or ordinary, with some of the ones you can expect being as follows:
- Gemma Wood with Network, where visitors get to explore the depth of human neurons and their conscience talking, watching message impulses and gaining insights while encompassed by mind-bending crafted networks in multiple colours;
- Atelier Sisu with Evanescent, where you can explore iridescent large-scale spheres producing immersive brightness and sound environment while beholding the heavenly ephemerality of exhibited bubbles;
- Halina Rice with New Worlds, where abstract spaces with visuals and colour waves build a mind-blowing surrounding and a roler-coaster of moods, all accompanied by beat-driven tracks and soundscapes.
Unusual things available only in Worcester
Surely, you’re fed up with everyday travel guides beating around the bush about Instagrammable city spots, vintage cinemas, years-old cathedrals, and other spots. It’s time tourists learned what makes Worcester stand out:
- The countryside alpaca farm in the vicinity of Evesham, on Worcestshire’s Southern margin, where curious animal lovers can visit the herd of alpacas and join them through walkarounds. The farm enables visitors to join alpaca parties and alpaca trekking adventures in their natural surroundings, prepping a tour packed up with unique endeavours. And if you’re fond of these lovely yet complex beings named alpacas but find the firm too far from you, other spots can present you with similar opportunities, like SimplyAlpaca, Farley Alpacas, and Cotswold Vale Alpaca Experience, to name a few.
- The Engine House, where visitors can see vintage locomotives in a space that was once home to a steam pump, is open for a wider audience between established hour intervals. Explore stunning, time-stamped stations, visit drink-and-eat restaurants and pubs, and more over a day.
- Out for a heart-racing, SF-like adventure in an iconic and inspirational spot where tourists from all over the world gather to see their gangster dreams take shape? Then, you have no other way to go than join guided tours at the Slogging Gangs Walking Tour, taking you into a journey-through-time type of experience and immersing you in the realm of the bygone notorious gangs that seized the land you’re walking for a good part of the 19th-to-20th century.
As you can see, there’s no shortage of one-of-a-kind, sensational places in Worcester. So, how is your itinerary here going to look like this year?
This is a submitted article