IF there’s one thing we all need at this time, it’s a spot of comfort food.
Here’s a lovely recipe from Lancashire Farm to keep your spirits up and your tummy ticking over when everything seems to be going pear shaped.
It’s also a useful way to keep the kids occupied if you’re trying to work from home.
Chocolate Chip Cookies.
110 grams sugar (1/4 pound)
110 grams brown packed sugar (1/4 pound)
55 grams margarine (1/8 pound)
55 grams shortening (1/8 pound)
110 grams Lancashire Farm Fat Free Yogurt (or other fat free yoghurt) (1/4 pound)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
400 grams flour (7/8 pound)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
110 grams chocolate chips (1/4 pound)
1) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and beat the sugar, margarine and shortening until light and fluffy.
2) Then add the yogurt and vanilla.
3) In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
4) Finally, fold in the chocolate chips and drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes and cool for 1 minute on the sheet and then remove to racks.
5) Leave to cool for 5 minutes then enjoy.